Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Rune with a View for Fairies


Lancashire woman Jennifer Pearce dubs herself the Fairy Godmother, and combines her love of art and the supernatural to create spells which she claims can help people live happier lives.

The pensioner, who grew up on Lindle Lane in Hutton, has been happily married to husband David for 40 years and wants to share her good karma. She began reading fortunes in tea leaves and went on to invent her own system of magic and divination while living in Stanley Grove, Penwortham.

The mother-of-two has written a book called Happy Spells for Good Fairies and Ordinary Folk which includes magic to help with issues including boosting confidence, finding a lover and improving.

She said: "I always want to be a fairy godmother for everybody. It's been about using the skill to let other people see their own psychics ability. I think we have all got a part of our brain which has it, like we have all got a memory and the more we use it, the better it becomes.

"My spells are a guideline only. It is my hope that you can improve your life in some way through the energy within the earth, the heavens and the power within your own mind."

Jennifer, who went to Penwortham Secondary School and then art college in Preston, said her inspirations include her spiritual guide, Socrattaurus, her Angel, Ezekiel, personal good fairies, Lisstree, Follyfun, Galliander, Mirramoon, and her special fairy helper Sundream.

She said: "Everybody in the 50s and 60s looked in the teacups and I had a knack for it.

"When I was in my 20s, my mum bought me a crystal healing ball. And I was very interested in the Nordic Runes, a very ancient alphabet.

"I wanted a cross between tarot cards and runes and invented a method of my own. I like to think of it as a Rune for the Aquarian Age – a modern Rune. With my art background, I wanted to make it simple so anybody could look and know what it means.

"I think the problem today is that too many people live lives that are tossed about on the wind.

"We have got people with lots of talent and they do not want to use it. Not all people but some are not switched on to their own ability."

The book, which is available now, includes a set of fairy cards to cut out and use for divination as well as instructions and layout methods.

0 comments: